Ø Students must be in their seat when the bell rings.
Ø Follow directions the first time they are given.
Ø Students must not talk when another student or I am talking.
Ø Students must clean up their lab area.
Ø First time a student breaks a rule they will lose a participation point.
Ø Second time: Stay 1 minute after class to talk to teacher.
Ø Third time: Stay 2 minute after class to talk to teacher.
Ø Fourth time: Call Parents.
Ø Fifth time: Call Deans.
Ø Severe clause: Send to Dean’s office.
Ø Positive comments to parents.
Ø Extra credit opportunities.
Why I assign homework:
I give homework because it not only reinforces what has been taught in class, but also prepares students for upcoming lessons. It helps students develop responsibility, self- discipline, and good organizational skills all of which are necessary not only in school but in the work force. Homework is a valuable tool that helps students make the most of their school experience.
When homework will be assigned:
Homework will be assigned 2 to 3 nights per week. Assignments will generally involve reading of the textbook and perhaps answering questions or completing a related worksheet. Assignments should take no longer than 1 hour to complete. This does not include tests or long-term projects.
Tests will occur periodically, usually every second or third week. 2 week notice will be given for tests. No makeup of tests is allowed for bad grades. A test missed due to absence must be made up within 1 week's time. All tests are given on Scantron forms and require use of a #2 pencil.
Student's homework responsibilities:
- All assignments must be completed.
- Students are responsible for homework missed due to an absence. Students must see me to discuss all assignments missed and dates due.
- Homework must be neat and readable.
If students choose not to do their homework, the following consequences may occur:
- Homework will be docked 5 points each day it is late.
- Parents will be asked to check an assignment sheet.
Parent's homework responsibilities:
Parents are the key to making homework a positive experience. Please make homework a top priority by
1. Conveying the message that education is important.
2. Setting homework as a top priority.
3. Setting up a quiet study area.
4. Scheduling daily homework time.
5. Encouraging your child to work independently.
6. Providing support and praise for a job well done.
Teacher's homework responsibilities:
I will grade all homework assignments and return them as quickly as possible. An accurate record of assignments completed with grade and assignments not completed will be kept. Students will receive praise and other incentives such as free time and free homework passes when they do their homework.