During its regular action meeting on August 22, 2019, the District 86 Board of Education unanimously approved the appointment of the individuals from the Hinsdale Central and Hinsdale South communities who were selected to serve on the district’s special committee regarding community engagement with construction. This committee, which is a joint committee with Facilities, is charged with engaging and leveraging the expertise of the community to help support the construction process the district is undertaking in conjunction with its Future Ready Facilities plans.
Special Committee Members
- Kirk Admire – Commercial design and construction project management professional with 30 years of architecture experience
- Steve Cashman – Educational architect with 36 years of industry experience
- Tamakia Edwards – Capital construction program manager with more than 15 years of experience in areas that include safety and security, infrastructure and accessibility
- Ehab Elqaq – Electrical engineer with 26 years of experience who is LEED certified in building design and construction
- Lisa Lundgren – A marketing and finance professional who served on two community task force groups, the District 86 Pools Task Force and the Master Planning Facilities Committee that was focused on physical education, driver education and athletics
- William Lyons – Senior construction executive with 46 years of experience in general management and operations in industry sectors that include commercial, residential, education, retail, hotel/lodging, senior living, entertainment and heath care
- John Ochoa – Architect with more than 30 years of experience in education design who has worked on a variety of projects for elementary schools, middle schools and high schools
- Greg Orput – Professional with more than 10 years of experience in full-service commercial and multi-family residential real estate and another 10 years of experience in architectural design
- Jennifer Planson – Longtime member of the District 86 Board of Education who was the chair of the district’s Master Facilities Committee and a liaison for the district’s Master Facilities Community Task Force
- Terri Walker – Board member and special committee chair
Special Committee Email
All special committee members and the superintendent receive emails sent to SpecialCommittee@hinsdale86.org. Please be advised that any communication received may constitute a public record, which might be released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).